THIRD PARTY FUNDRAISING INFORMATION
“Providing comfort, caring and compassion…beyond the call of duty.”
Third Party Fundraisers for Army Fisher Houses
We cannot do what we do without community support!All Army Fisher Houses are funded through Non-Appropriated Funds (NAF). Non-Appropriated dollars do not come from the government (your taxes);they come from donations from individuals, groups, organizations, and businesses.
Third party fundraisers are encouraged and appreciated but must follow some basic guidelines. If you are interested in supporting the Army Fisher Houses by sponsoring a fundraiser, please read through this information. Pre-approved events are encouraged to use our logo to generate awareness and support.
For event and logo use approval, please complete and return the attached fundraising form to email@example.com. Event/logo approval may take up to four weeks. For any questions, please call the office of (210) 221-7938, Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We are closed on Federal Holidays.
General Guidelines for Fundraisers
- The donation must be intended for one of the Army Fisher House locations. All Army Fisher Houses operate as a 501(c)1. Just like a 501(c)3, donations are tax deductible. If you require documentation regarding our tax status, please indicate that on the form. We will do our best to provide what you need.
- Fundraising events must be family-friendly, non-political and supportive of those who serve our country in uniform.
- The organization sponsoring the event must collect all fees. The Army Fisher House is not able to collect payments required of patrons of the event.
- Our bank will not accept checks or money orders dated over 90 days old. It also will not take any check with white out on it.
- Army Fisher House staff is strictly prohibited from participating in the event in regards to planning, soliciting donations, accepting payments, or executing the event. Army Fisher House staff may participate at the actual event by representing the Army Fisher Houses at a display table and for accepting the donation (if it will be presented at the event). Our volunteers, however, may be available and willing to assist but cannot be required to help. If you provide us with a flyer we will gladly share it on our Facebook Page and website.
- Events, and the Army Fisher House name, cannot be used with the intent to make profit for the organization sponsoring the event.
- If the Army Fisher House representation is requested at your event, we will do our best to accommodate the request; however, we cannot guarantee it. We appreciate a 30 day minimum notice.
- You may setup an online fundraising site for yourself or an event at http://www.teamfisherhouse.org.
The following guidelines must be followed to use the Army Fisher House logo:
- Flyers and publicity materials using the logo must be approved by the manager prior to the publication or use on the internet
- The logo must be used as provided – do not make any changes, including but not limited to changes in the color, proportion, or design. The logo may not be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance. Any changes in appearance must first be approved by the Army Fisher Houses Command Administration Office.
- The logo may not be used in a manner that would disparage the Army Fisher House Program.
- The logo may not be used in any manner that might imply the Army Fisher House is endorsing a business, private entity, political group, lobby organization or any other association.
- Logos are not to appear solely on any correspondence and may not be displayed as a primary or prominent feature on any fundraising material. Third parties using the logo pursuant to these guidelines must also display in the primary and more prominent position, their own logo (i.e., the primary fundraising organization)
- To properly stage the logo, a minimum clearance between the logo and other elements must be maintained. The logo must stand alone and may not be combined with any other object, including but not limited to other logos, words, graphics, photos, slogan, numbers, design features, or symbols.
- The logo must not be used on letterhead. No one outside the Army Fisher Houses Program may us Army Fisher House letterhead
- Neither the logo, nor the Army Fisher House name, may be used in any company name, product name, service name, domain name, website title, publication title, or the like without prior approval by the Army Fisher Houses Command Administration Office
- Army Fisher Houses Program reserves the right to terminate or modify permission to events or logo displays that, in Army Fisher House judgment, do not comply with these guidelines, or might otherwise impair the Army Fisher Houses reputation
As per Army Regulation 215-1, donations, are accepted without contingencies attached. We cannot specify, nor may you require, how your donation will be spent/used. Please know that 100 percent (100%) of your donation will go toward the operation and/or maintenance at an Army Fisher House of your choice. Acceptance of a donation does not imply endorsement by Army Fisher Houses Program or the United States Army.